The following lyrics are taken from my favorite song off their first album, Rascal Flatts.
"I'm Movin' On"
I've lived in this place and I know all the faces
Each one is different but they're always the same
They mean me no harm but it's time that I face it
They'll never allow me to change
But I never dreamed home would end up where I don't belong
I'm movin' on
I'm movin' on
At last I can see life has been patiently waiting for me
And I know there's no guarantees, but I'm not alone
There comes a time in everyone's life
When all you can see are the years passing by
And I have made up my mind that those days aren't gone
I sold what I could and packed what I couldn't
Stopped to fill up on my way out of town
I've loved like I should but lived like I shouldn't
I had to lose everything to find out
Maybe forgiveness will find me somewhere down this road
When I first heard this song, it connected with me in so many ways. In several instances in my life, I felt like I had to "move on" from the relationships I used to hold with friends. As I continued to grow up and mature, I couldn't help but notice that the people in my hometown were not, or at least not at the rate I wanted them too. Our interests changed, our viewpoints changed, but most importantly, our relationships changed, especially since seemed like it took effort to stay close. Eventually, I realized that it was just time to leave them behind instead of allowing them to drag me down. This song described exactly how I felt, and I couldn't believe somewhere out there, three men knew just how to describe my pain - and in the most beautiful way possible.
yours,
the 4th rascal
"I'm Movin' On"
I've lived in this place and I know all the faces
Each one is different but they're always the same
They mean me no harm but it's time that I face it
They'll never allow me to change
But I never dreamed home would end up where I don't belong
I'm movin' on
I'm movin' on
At last I can see life has been patiently waiting for me
And I know there's no guarantees, but I'm not alone
There comes a time in everyone's life
When all you can see are the years passing by
And I have made up my mind that those days aren't gone
I sold what I could and packed what I couldn't
Stopped to fill up on my way out of town
I've loved like I should but lived like I shouldn't
I had to lose everything to find out
Maybe forgiveness will find me somewhere down this road
When I first heard this song, it connected with me in so many ways. In several instances in my life, I felt like I had to "move on" from the relationships I used to hold with friends. As I continued to grow up and mature, I couldn't help but notice that the people in my hometown were not, or at least not at the rate I wanted them too. Our interests changed, our viewpoints changed, but most importantly, our relationships changed, especially since seemed like it took effort to stay close. Eventually, I realized that it was just time to leave them behind instead of allowing them to drag me down. This song described exactly how I felt, and I couldn't believe somewhere out there, three men knew just how to describe my pain - and in the most beautiful way possible.
yours,
the 4th rascal
No comments:
Post a Comment