Monday, February 18, 2008

My Road Isn't Broken Anymore

I'm sure that those of you that know even a little about the Flatts have heard this song off of their third album Feels Like Today. It is by far one of their most popular and I must say, it definitely makes my favorites list.

"Blessed The Broken Road"
I set out on a narrow way
Many years ago
Hoping I would find true love
Along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign
Pointed straight to you
Every long lost dream
Lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart
They were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way
Into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you


Although I have only decided to share a portion of the lyrics, I chose them because they connected with me the most. If you haven't noticed already, many Rascal Flatts songs have a "lovey dovey" undertone, and, being an emotional, love-obsessed female, I can't help but swoon over the sweet lyrics. I feel like I can connect with this song because there is one man in my life that I put above all the rest - except for maybe my father. He was always on the other side when others broke my heart or crumbled my soul, and for that, I will truly be thankful for him and to God for bringing him into my life.

yours,
the 4th rascal

No comments: