"What Hurts The Most"
What hurts the most
Was being so close
And having so much to say
And watching you walk away
And never knowing
What could have been
And not seeing that loving you
Is what I was tryin’ to do
When my boyfriend and I broke up, this song expressed everything I was feeling at the time. I was so hurt and didn't understand why it was happening. Once again, the Flatts got into my head and wrote down exactly what I wanted to say, but couldn't.
"I Feel Bad"
I should be out in that driveway stopping you
Tears should be rolling down my cheek
And I don't know why I'm not falling apart
Like I usually do
And how the thought of losing you's not killing me
I feel bad
That I can stand here strong
Cold as stone
Seems so wrong
I can't explain it
Maybe it's just
I've cried so much
I'm tired and I'm numb
Baby I hate it
I feel bad that I don't feel bad
This song helped me come to terms with the end of the relationship and gave me faith in the ability to move on. At certain points after we broke up, I was confused as to how some days I could feel so upset by it, and other days, like I should "feel bad" for not caring anymore. I realized that this break up was a learning experience and to be strong about it, not let it get me down every second of the day. I was able to sing this song with such conviction because I truly believed in the words.
yours,
the 4th rascal
No comments:
Post a Comment