Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Your Secret Smile Makes Me Feel Like A Winner

These last two songs are from the most recent album Still Feels Good. Not surprisingly, I connected with these lyrics the absolute most, and continue to wonder if my life is secretly being recorded by these three musical geniuses.

"Winner At A Losing Game"
Have you ever had to love someone
That just don't feel the same
Tryin' to make somebody care for you
The way I do
Is like tryin' to catch the rain
And if love is really forever
I'm a winner at a losin' game
I know that baby, you tried
To find me somewhere inside of you
But you know you can't lie
Girl, you can't hide the truth
Sometimes two hearts
Just can't dance to the same beat
So I'll pack up my things
And I'll take what remains of me


I feel like I can relate this song to any "significant" relationship I've ever had with a man, whether we were officially together or not. The people I've had "crushes" on never seemed to be able to reciprocate the feelings in the same way I did, and it hurt a lot. When my boyfriend and I broke up, I still had feelings for him and know I still do to this day, but we're still very close. However, it's the worst feeling in the world to know that you have feelings for someone that just can't feel the same.

"Secret Smile"
You touch the rain and suddenly
There's waterfalls
Now every day is something more
Worth fighting for
Baby, you make the sun shine down
You make the sun shine down
You can paint the darkest clouds
And turn them into rainbows
You take your secret smile
The one that turns me on
Hey girl, you've been what I've waited for


For the most part, I enjoy this song for it's fun and upbeat melody. It's also very easy to sing to, and just puts me in a good mood all around.
Well, I've shared with you some of my favorites - what are yours? I hope that on some level, you can connect with their music too.

yours,
the 4th rascal

No comments: